NO ANTICIPATED OPENING DATE…
Until Electricity and Phone Service has been restored (Both were restored Sunday!) and all rooms, alarms and mechanical equipment and building structures have been inspected and are safe. Hilton has secured a third-party restoration company and they are on site and assessing the damage. They will provide the necessary restoration and renovation. We anticipate an update by October 6th. Your Board will continue to provide updates and pictures through https://charterclubofmarcoisland.com
We are providing preliminary feedback below so that you are aware that although staff may have had damage in their own homes, they are already working to help determine the severity and perform work needed to be able to reopen CC as soon as possible.
The structures around the property are being inspected for any structural and roof damage. There is major landscaping damage around the property. Doesn’t appear to have palm trees uprooted but trees will be inspected as well. Pools and Pond will be checked for salt and drained and refilled if necessary (Probable). Pool equipment will be checked as well as furniture, etc. Several boats were located down the beach and now are being inspected. We believe all have been located.
Paul was able to save all the chairs, cushions, and umbrellas. All his structures were demolished but he is already back at work building a shed out of remnants from the beach to protect the cushions. He wants everyone to know he is fine and waiting for his customers to return! Camera is back online so wave so you may see Paul!
We understand our owners care and love of the CC and we wanted to take you behind the scenes of what staff is doing 24-48 hours after Ian. We cannot provide any estimate on when we might reopen until we have electricity to fully know the extent, and estimated time to complete the projects necessary to open safely. Phone service was restored Sunday, but we ask everyone to check here for updates. This will help staff to dedicate their time to reopening.
LOOKING TO LIST YOUR UNIT?
Welcome to Our Owners & Guests
No Fee Rental Program
Introducing Our NO FEE Rental Program
Listing your unit with Charter Club will provide more access to your rental listing, and should you list on other sites please tell your potential renters to check your listing here, so the renter knows they are communicating with the verified owner and unit before payment is made. The renter will also be able to view the process to ensure they receive notification by Charter Club that the owner has transferred the unit.
Here's How It Works:
- Owners email rental listing form from this site to front desk.
- Front desk will verify owner, week, unit, owner contact information and will post rental on our website.
- Potential renters will contact owner and all pricing and payments are between owner and renter.
- Owner will email renter authorization form to front desk within 2 business days of cleared funds from renter.
- Front desk will update system to ensure the renter now has the right to occupy the owner’s unit.
- Front desk will send email to owner and renter confirming changes made within 5 business days. (check spam folder)
- Termination of Rental Agreement. Confirmed emails from all owners and renters on agreement form or notarized requests must be received before returning access to owner. Charter Club upon verifying all have requested to terminate agreement will send out emails confirming termination of rental agreement. (Check spam folder)
- Verify the owner’s information and unit before making payment. Payments are between owner and renter. Charter Club assumes no responsibility.
- Owner is responsible for emailing Charter Club the Rental Listing Agreement within 2 business days upon receipt of cleared funds. Failure to submit form is subject to legal action by the renter.
- If Renter has not received an email confirmation (check your spam folder) from Charter Club within 5 business days of cleared funds to owner, please contact the Charter Club. The front desk will verify the current listed owner or renter. If Charter Club does not have your rental agreement, they will advise you to contact the owner. Charter Club must receive rental agreement from owner to provide renter access.
- Termination of Rental Agreement. Upon receipt and verification of the owner and renters confirmed email on file from rental agreement (or notarized document) Charter Club will terminate the Rental Listing Agreement and email confirmation of termination between the owner and renter. Charter Club only provides a service and has no legal responsibility.
- For those owners and renters looking for the safest and most secure way to rent Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) continues their service of placing your unit for rent with HGV for a 35% fee. HGV then rents the unit for their set price and handles all payments to owners.
- Renters can find owner available units by calling Charter Club and all payments are made with Charter Club.